Palliative Care contains a learning module which covers a broad range of course objectives: defining what palliative care is; differentiating between palliative care and hospice care; identifying the members that make up a palliative care team; learning what services are provided by the palliative care team and to whom pain management is provided; understanding the stages of grief; learning locations in which palliative care is received; understanding how to arrange for palliative care; understanding how palliative care is covered by insurance companies; and learning about Advanced Directives and POLST.
This course includes:
- What is Palliative Care?
- Differences between palliative care and hospice
- Tasks of the palliative care team
- Pain Management and Control
- Medicine Tolerance and Addiction
- Alternative Pain Management Techniques
- Symptom Management
- Emotional and Spiritual Support
- Advanced Directives and POLST